Dry Treat Stain Proof Plus for Benchtop vanity Tables
Dry Treat in New Zealand Mob: 021 930 066 E-mail: email@example.com
Dry Treat STAIN-PROOF Plus™ is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that protects natural stone benchtops from damage caused by water, salts and oil-based stains. Treated benchtops surfaces become easier to clean, maintain, and keep looking good for longer. STAIN-PROOF Plus™ provides lasting protection for natural stone that comes with a 25 year warranty*.
Typical applications: STAIN-PROOF Plus™ is suitable for natural stone and concrete benchtops.
Benefits: of STAIN-PROOF Plus™ is:
- Able to repel stains, graffiti and food products making cleaning easier
- Non film-forming
- Able to work without changing the appearance of the surface - keeping the original look
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimise moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence
- An excellent chloride ion salt screen - ideal for marine and pool areas
- Highly water vapour permeable, able to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture, allowing it to dry out; deeply penetrating
- Very alkali resistant
- Won't break down in contact with cement based materials, able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel.
Warranty: *A 25-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimise absorption.
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- DO NOT thin product.
- Generously saturate the surface with STAINPROOF Plus™ using a low pressure hand spray, a clean brush or lamb’s wool applicator. Surface should have a mirror like ‘wet’ look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Allow the surface to become touch dry, waiting a minimum of 10 minutes, and repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one quart per 100 sq.ft. (one litre per 10 square metres), depending on surface absorption.
- After the final coat allow the surface to become touch dry, waiting a minimum of 10 minutes, and then polish with a clean dry white cloth to remove excess product, moistening cloth with STAINPROOF Plus™ to ease polishing.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment.
- Sealer will NOT prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. STAIN-PROOF Plus™ will make the maintenance and cleaning of treated surfaces much easier.
Even once impregnated, natural stone still needs to be correctly cared for. Dry-Treat has created a new , a simple guide to caring for natural stone benchtop which can be printed off and given to customers.