Dry Treat Stain Proof in New Zealand
Dry Treat in New Zealand Mob: 021 930 066 E-mail: email@example.com
Dry Treat STAIN-PROOF Original™ is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that protects natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete and grout from damage caused by water, salts and oil-based stains. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean, maintain, and keep looking good for longer.
Dry Treat STAIN-PROOF Original™ provides lasting protection for natural stone, concrete, terracotta tile, cast stone, paving, sandstone, limestone, brick and grout.
Typical applications: STAIN-PROOF Original™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building facades, floors, walls, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, kitchens and entertaining areas.
Benefits: STAIN-PROOF Original™ is able to repel stains, graffiti and food products making cleaning easier; non film-forming; able to work without changing the appearance of the surface - keeps the original look; suitable for indoor and outdoor use;
ry Treat Stain proof is able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimize moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence; an excellent chloride ion salt screen - ideal for marine and pool areas; highly water vapor permeable, able to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture, allowing it to dry out; deeply penetrating; very alkali resistant; won't break down in contact with cement based materials, able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel.
Warranty: A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize absorption.
Application rates: Total application rate is approximately one liter per two to 25 sq. meters (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like wet look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- When the surface becomes touch dry, or after a minimum of 10 minutes, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one liter per two to 25 sq. meters (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
- After the final coat, wait approximately 10 minutes but before the surface dries, then polish the surface thoroughly with clean, dry, white cloths, towels or similar to remove excess product, moistening cloth STAIN-PROOF™ to ease polishing.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
- Sealer will not prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. STAIN-PROOF Original™ will make the maintenance and cleaning of a treated surface much easier. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
Contact us: 021 930 066
Advance application tips:
1. TESTING STAIN-PROOF™. STAIN-PROOF™ must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking testing.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence.
STAIN-PROOF’s specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 3 to 4 weeks! As more STAIN-PROOF™ molecules bond inside the pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be significantly better.
- Achieving maximum depth of penetration.
The modified silane molecules in STAIN-PROOF™ are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor (fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores of dense materials, such as polished granites. After 3 weeks of cure time, typical penetration of STAIN-PROOF™ into Kashmir white granite is 8 to 13 millimeters.
2. APPLYING STAIN-PROOF™ ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES.
STAIN-PROOF should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb’s wool applicator or cloth, so the sealer is wiped over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces. Drying time between coats should be maximized – approximately 15 minutes.
3. APPLYING STAIN-PROOF™ ON HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES.
Highly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should ideally be pre-sealed with a light spray of STAIN-PROOF™, at least 8 hours before applying the 2 main coats. Apply sufficient product so the surface looks shiny / mirror wet for at least 3-5 seconds after each coat.
Countertop Surface Care
Even once impregnated, natural stone still needs to be correctly cared for. Dry-Treat has created a new care treatment sheet, a simple guide to caring for natural stone which can be printed off and given to customers.
Precautions: Do not take internally. Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35ºC (40 - 95ºF). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Protect surrounding areas from over-spray. Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate. Wear suitable, solvent-resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapor respirator during application. Avoid applying in windy conditions. Wash hands thoroughly.
Active content: 50 per cent active content in alcohol.
Pack size: One Quart (946 mL), 1 Gallon (3.79 L), 5 Gallons (18.9 L) containers.
Contact us: 021 930 066